Who we are:
theturnlab works with brands and organizations committed to turning (sh)it around. We are change agents, providing our clients with 360° solutions to real-world business problems. We operate at the nexus of marketing, culture and technology. Our solutions are designed to turn heads, turn opinions and turn the tide.
Guided by strong moral principles in regards to ethics and sustainability, theturnlab is also a certified B Corp. We are 100% carbon neutral certified and run on 100% green energy. We give a damn about our people, the planet, and business as a force for good.
theturnlab team are an ambitious and resilient lot, out to make difference. We are looking for passionate, highly adaptive individuals, with a bias towards action.
You get what you give:
We are nothing without our people, so we treat each other right. We have perks: bike-to-work subsidy, RRSP matching program, bonus summer days off, full benefits, great vacation package and more.
- Execution on social media client campaigns and content outreach; leverage creative and proven methods for building the online communities of clients via social media channels, websites, blogs, and other web and print properties.
- Foster growth in online communities by seeding and participating in online conversations as a component of client social media strategies; identify influencers and conduct influencer outreach (groups and individuals).
- Create authentic original and re-packaged social and web content (social media channels, websites, blogs, newsletters, press releases and other web and print) that drives and engages social communities and heightens a brand’s profile.
- Create video, audio, and rich media in collaboration with design teams.
- Communicate across several brands with an authentic and appropriate voice for each; identify appropriate tone, style, language and diction, and vary it across brands.
- Collaborate with internal and client creative, content, and marketing teams to develop content that drives a brand’s social, online and offline presence.
- Overall, demonstrate a high level of creativity in engaging followers on social media channels, websites, blogs, or other web and print properties through compelling and connective content.
- 2 to 3 years of experience managing social media platforms or communities for brands in an agency or retail setting.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Track online trends and measure progress/success of client campaigns using social media monitoring software, and other measurement tools.
- Research product and category, produce shoots, capture both video and audio content, work with editing team or on own to compose content, get approval for broadcast, upload and monitor.
- Assist in the development of proprietary internal processes relating to social media, content creation, PR, event systems and protocol.
- Understand the goal, audience, and message of a campaign and create copy to suit. Write social copy to promote brand awareness, inform consumers and (softly) encourage.
- Research, write and edit all levels of social copy (including blogs), predominantly working with Facebook, Instagram and Twitter platforms.
- Write clear/concise blog and social copy with enthusiasm and vivid language.
- Fluent in social speak – able to effectively use hashtags, @mentions, and social lingo appropriate for each medium.
- Thorough understanding of online influencer identification tools and measurement / monitoring software and apps to increase and report on efficacy of content-driven efforts.
- Use creative thinking and initiative to analyze site performance metrics and make recommendations on content, site design, or features to improve effectiveness of web content and/or applications.
- Proven experience as part of a team that receives direction and feedback.
- Collaborative member of a busy agency; contribute to the overall culture of the workplace in a positive way through professional work ethic, fun attitude, outgoing personality and integrity.
- Schedule/Post social content: Facebook, Instragram, Twitter, blog, website (when applicable).
- Familiar with a variety of social tools, including BuzzSumo, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads, WordPress, Blogger, Hootsuite, Meltwater, Sprout Social, Social Mention, Hashtracking.com, Social Bakers, Ow.Ly, Bit.Ly, Topsy, Twitonomy.
Please include a cover letter and résumé with your application. We thank everyone for applying, however, only those candidates who have been selected will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Visit www.theturnlab.com to learn more about us.
theturnlab welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank you for your interest in theturnlab.